On the former industrial site there are numerous workshops, shops, event and exhibition rooms, a cinema and several theatres. Almost all Leipzig galleries have their headquarters here, more than 120 artists their studios. At the Café you can enjoy wonderful culinary delights relax in the large garden.
Around the corner at Plagwitz railway station and Lindenauer bus station trams, buses and S-Bahn go directly to the city centre (4km). There are excellent new cycle paths along old canals and industrial tracks into the city centre or into the countryside. A shopping centre and the Karl-Heine-Kanal (historic industrial canal) with cafés and boat hire are in the immediate vicinity. Spinnereistraße leads into Karl-Heine-Straße - the nightlife mile in the west of Leipzig!
Café Mule: The garden café and bakery are open from Monday to Saturday. Breakfast, daily changing dishes, first-class coffee and all kinds of fine things from their own oven. mule-spinnerei.de
How to get to the Spinnerei?
Public transport to Plagwitz station -
from there it is about 5 minutes walk to the Spinnerei
- The tram line 14 runs directly from the city center and the main station (15 min.)
- Also a train goes directly from the main station (10-15 min.)
- Further trams run to the bus station Lindenau (15 min. / 10 min. to walk)
By car to Spinnereistraße 7, 04179 Leipzig
- From the A9 it is 11 km (Munich / Berlin)
- From the A38 it is 14 km (Göttingen / Dresden)
- Guests can park for free on the premises of the Spinnerei
You are welcome to hire bicycles from us or on the premises, or to store your own bikes
Simple 24h check-in from 2 pm, check-out until 11 am