is 4 km distant from the city center (Gottschedstrasse). Within 5 or 10 min. can be reached railway, bus and tram, witch goes directly in the center. (Lindenau bus yard and Plagwitz station).
There are outstanding, new cycle tracks along old Industrietracks into the center.
A super market and the Karl Heine channel (hist. industrial channel) with café and rent-a-boat are quite near.
On the spinnerei area are numerous of workshops, studios, shops and galleries.
In the café (across the yard) you can enjoy culinary or relax in the wonderful garden.
This information board you can find at the entrance to the spinnerei
How to get to the Spinnerei?
Public transport to Plagwitz station -
from there it is about 5 minutes walk to the Spinnerei
- The tram line 14 runs directly from the city center and the main station (15 min.)
- Also a train goes directly from the main station (10-15 min.)
- Further trams run to the bus station Lindenau (15 min. / 10 min. to walk)
By car to Spinnereistraße 7, Leipzig
- From the A9 it is 11 km (Munich / Berlin)
- From the A38 it is 14 km (Göttingen / Dresden)
- Guests can park for free on the premises of the Spinnerei
Bicycles can be borrowed from us, or your own bicycles
Maps | Address for the directions:
Meisterzimmer, Spinnereistraße 7, 04179 Leipzig
You can find more Informations under:
- Spinnerei Galerien
- Annalinde Leipzig / Urbane Landwirtschaft
- Kanalnachbarschaften / where to go
- Rad3 / Bikes for Families, Tandem
- boesner Künstlerbedarf
- kaufda.de Leipzig / Shops
- Some Restaurants, not fare:
- Tripadvisor: Restaurants near Spinnerei